Enter the Giveaway at the bottom of this post and
Spur Imagination With “Where My Feet Go!“
I live with two VERY imaginative toddlers.
When I try to reach the changing table to put a clean diaper on the baby I am inevitably stepping into their sandbox or entering the cave of some dangerous and mysterious creature.
Their feet take them to some very magical places.
I think we are in the living room picking up blocks.
- They inform me that we are collecting seashells at the beach. “Isn’t this one pretty?”
I think we are in the kitchen ripping up paper and throwing it on the floor.
- We at the pond feeding the ducks. “Can you see the ripples Mommy?”
I think we are jumping over the floor partition in the dining room.
- We are entering the oasis in the desert. “Be careful Momma, this can be dangerous!”
All this imaginative play is hilarious, wonderful, and a vital component to their development.
- increases language usage, especially the use of future tenses, adjectives, and adverbs
- encourages a variety of perspectives
- invites the expression of both positive and negative feelings
- helps children integrate emotion with cognition(thoughts)
- develops self-regulation such as reduced aggression, delay of gratification, civility, and empathy
- rewards creativity
I was recently sent a copy of “Where My Feet Go.”
The main character Little Panda spends his days doing ordinary things in extraordinary ways.
- His garden is a jungle.
- His sand castle a desert.
- The birds he feeds in the park are little dinosaurs.
“Where My Feet Go” is a delightfully engaging picture book that can encourage children to view the world around them differently. Let reading about Little Panda’s day foster your child’s imagination!
- Ask your kids what’s really happening and help them understand that Little Panda is using his imagination.
- Brain storm with your kids about other imaginary places or people.
- The grocery store could be a farm and baby brother might just be a very drooly martian.
If your kids are already full of imagination like mine they’ll love Little Panda’s antics and creativity.
If they haven’t yet reached that stage or imaginative play isn’t their thing, this just may be the book to help them unleash their inner make believe!
Little Panda’s feet go to some very magical places…….
What magical places will your feet go?
Enter to win
Win one of 3 copies we are giving away compliments of Random House Children’s Books (@randomhousekids)
Where My Feet Go Giveaway
The are 3 winners for this giveaway. You must have a U.S.-based mailing address to win!
Giveaway Ends May 2nd at High Noon – b/c I’ve always wanted to say high noon 🙂